Do you have a Talent for Life? Do you have time to donate toward a good cause? If so, we invite you to help DRTL’s mission to save lives. We have several volunteer opportunities for which we have an urgent need, some of which may be accomplished from home on your own time! We need help in the following areas:
- Development Director – because we’re an all-volunteer organization, we must constantly solicit funds. Our director would help call prospective donors and identify possible income streams from community businesses or organizations. This is a phone job for someone with an upbeat, positive, and persuasive personality!
- Communications Coordinator – getting the word out there has become more complicated in the past few years and we need someone who’s good with words and savvy with social media. We are looking for someone to keep DRTL current and in the public eye through our Facebook and Twitter accounts, and in sending out emails to our distribution list. This is another “at-home” position for someone who can keep us connected.
- Newsletter Editor – our quarterly newsletter, The Lifeline, is truly a lifeline to those members who like their news the old-fashioned way, delivered to their front door. We send out a wrap-up of past events as well as notification of upcoming events with photos and graphics in a newsletter format prepared on MS Publisher. The Editor would be responsible for articles, layout, headlines, and all graphics. A big job! but one we need to fill! Lots of help is available.
- Schools Outreach Coordinator – if the pro-life movement is to survive, it will need young people. We need a “community organizer” who will stay in touch with local college, high schools and sometimes grade school pro-life groups and their coordinators to update them about pro-life activities and volunteer opportunities. This person would also ideally think up activities to bring those interested young people together, and be willing to give presentations to them in their school situation.
- Board members – have a lot of good ideas about Delaware’s pro-life direction? We invite you to observe a Monday board meeting and consider joining and sharing those ideas and your talents with us. Board meetings are the first Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at our Center at Holy Spirit parish in New Castle.
Also, throughout the year we need volunteer-helpers to staff our pro-life booth at various events. Events are listed on the events calendar. To volunteer and/or participate in one or more of our many pro-life activities and events contact me at email@example.com.