I Want to Volunteer
Our Mission: Founded in 1973, Delaware Right to Life is the largest and most active pro-life organization in the state. Our mission is to defend innocent human life from conception to natural death. We seek to return legal protection to the unborn and to guard the sanctity of life of all those threatened by the culture of death, whether by abortion, withholding of care, or euthanasia. Education is the focus of our outreach.
Start A Chapter
A Delaware Right to Life Chapter is actively involved in Kent County.
If you are interested in forming a Chapter in Sussex or New Castle Counties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
This Saturday, September 12, is the National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children. There will be NO services at Cathedral Cemetery, just a short FB Live prayer service and laying of flowers at the Knights of Columbus Memorial there, starting at 8:30. The diocese has prohibited any large gathering for the event.
There WILL be two options for the public to attend:
- Immaculate Conception Cemetery at Childs and Singerly Roads will hold a prayer service at their memorial at 10 a.m. See map below.
- Church of the Holy Child at 2500 Naamans Rd. will hold a prayer service at 10:30 at their memorial to the unborn.
40 Days for Life – September 23 – Nov. 1
- Wilmington and Dover will both hold their fall campaigns for the 40 Days for Life, starting Wednesday, September 23 outside of both of Delaware’s Planned Parenthood locations. In Wilmington, team members will be present Monday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at 7th & Shipley Sts.
- Dover meets at 805 S. Governors Ave. during the same time frame. Sign up for slots in DOVER only on the website, www.40daysforlife.com.
Major Pro-Life Rally on October 1 in Delaware, home of pro-abort Joe Biden
Join the Express at Banning Park Thursday, October 1 at 11 a.m. Major pro-life speakers
A major pro-life rally will take place on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1 at Banning Park in Newport, starting at 11 a.m. The Stop Biden Express will feature national pro-life leaders Randall Terry, Fr. Steven Imbarrato, Rev. Clenard Childress, Missy Smith, Chris Slattery, Mike McMonigle, and others. We will meet at Banning Park for rally speeches and proceed afterward to Biden’s house for a peaceful protest of his pro-abortion agenda. **This is especially important in an election year when everyone who says they are prolife should VOTE prolife!**
Life Chain Sunday, October 4
Life Chains WILL take place in all three counties once again! Join others along major highways in Delaware to bring the message that “Abortion Kills Children.”
HELP US COLLECT 3,000 SIGNATURES TO DEFEAT HB 140!
PETITION TO THE DELAWARE LEGISLATURE
We in the community oppose HB 140, the “The Ron Silverio/Heather Block End of Life Options Law” for the primary reasons that it abandons persons in their moment of need and isolates them from family and trusted physicians. The bill, both lethal and unnecessary, acts to impose assisted suicide on the citizens of Delaware and compromises the integrity of the state’s health care system. It seeks to kill, rather than care.
This dangerous legislation is part of a larger national agenda through Compassion and Choices (formerly aka The Hemlock Society) to normalize assisted suicide in as many states as possible. It is opposed by leading medical communities, including the Delaware Medical Society, which calls it “fundamentally inconsistent with our role as physicians and healers.” Its safeguards, as written, are unable to be policed and open the door to not only substandard care for patients, but corruption of our medical and legal systems.
Delaware citizens facing a terminal diagnosis and who may yet have years to live, deserve our support, love and care. We urge the legislature and the governor to reject assisted suicide, physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia, as enshrined in HB 140.
PETITION TO THE DELAWARE LEGISLATURE
Please fill out the form below. We will present your objection to HB 140 to the legislature and the governor.
OPPOSE HB 140, a bill that would legalize Assisted Suicide in Delaware!
Rep. Paul Baumbach of Newark is pushing HB 140, the so-called “Ron Silverio/Heather Block End of Life Options Law,” he is co-sponsoring. Driven by a nationwide effort funded by Compassion and Choices (formerly the Hemlock Society), he and his supporters aim to allow doctors to prescribe deadly drugs to terminally ill patients wishing to kill themselves. Formerly called “Aid in Dying,” “Death with Dignity,” and “Physician-Assisted Suicide,” the new version has been purged of all references to death, dying, and suicide, but its malicious content has not changed.
The bill needs to be opposed on many levels:
- It violates God’s law, “Do not kill,” by allowing fallible humans to take life away.
- It violates the physician’s Hippocratic oath to “first, do no harm” and turns doctors into
- It fails to focus on pain management and the physical, psychological, and spiritual
needs of the patient, aiming to eliminate suffering by eliminating the patient.
- It lacks safeguards against abuse, coercion, and corruption of the health care system
by: allowing unsupervised lethal drugs in the home, providing immunity to all involved in
the killing of the patient, and opening the door to unscrupulous intent.
- It fails to consider mental health, specifically depression, when evaluating a patient.
- It opens the possibility of abuse in targeting vulnerable populations for death instead of
care: the elderly, disabled, and depressed.
- It leads to an overall rise in suicide rates.
- It is opposed by the Delaware Medical Society and several hospice organizations, who
call it “fundamentally inconsistent with our role as physicians and healers.”
Support Our Billboard Campaigns
HELP SAVE A LIFE
So many women who aborted say later, “IF ONLY someone had been outside, I wouldn’t have done it.” Our presence on the sidewalks outside Planned Parenthood is crucial and may be the difference between life and death. We counsel, offer support, and witness to the humanity of the unborn. The walk towards an abortion clinic is the last chance for so many women to change their minds and start over. PLEASE JOIN US at these locations and times:
Weekly Prayer Vigils